A three-hour training session on the essentials of the individual placement and support (IPS) employment support approach.
Download the flyer An introduction to the IPS approach
The training is ideal for anyone interested in supporting people with mental health and addiction issues into employment. This could include:
- employment support practitioners
- health professionals
- peer and family organisations
- Work and Income case managers
- Department of Corrections case managers
- policy professionals
- funders and leadership teams.
The learning objectives include understanding:
- the eight principles underpinning the approach
- research evidence
- fidelity scale
- New Zealand policy drivers.
It was valuable getting an overview of the IPS approach. I understood each point and was provided great examples.